Park Central Branch Library
128 Park Central Square
P.O. Box 248
Springfield, MO 65806
Phone: (417) 831-1342
Ingrid Bohnenkamp, Branch Manager
- Monday-Saturday, 8:30 a.m.- 7 p.m.
Programs and Events
Friday, July 5
- First Friday Art Walk: Beginners and masters alike are invited to drop by the All-Levels Chess Tournament, hosted by the Springfield-Greene County Park Board Chess Club. On Display, 6-9 p.m.
Saturday, July 13
- Second Saturday Community CraftsPaper Quilt, noon-5 p.m.
Monday, July 15
- Apollo Moon Landing Live Webcast, 3 p.m.
Friday, August 2
- First Friday Art Walk: Conservatory of the Ozarks music students of all ages will present a summer recital with solo and group performances on a variety of musical instruments and vocals. On Display, 6-9 p.m.
Saturday, August 10
- Second Saturday Community CraftsString Art, noon-5 p.m.
Computers, Internet & Wi-FiInternet, electronic databases and Library catalogs [Details]
PrintersPrint from Library computers or your own device. Black and white - 10¢; color - 50¢. Cash only.
CopiersBlack and white copies are 10¢; 20¢ for 11x17. Color copies are 50¢; $1 for 11x17. Cash only.
Self-Service Fax Machine$1.75 first page; $1 other pages. Debit/Credit card only. Send only.
Services for Special NeedsMotorized scooter, closed-circuit television video magnifier and more [Details]
Go green! Copies may be scanned to a USB drive. Bring your own USB drive, or purchase one at the Library Center for $5.
On Display Now
- Small Worlds by Hannah Sheehan
Take Center Stage at Park Central
Are you an acoustic musician, poet or thespian? Perhaps you're a comic, mime or ventriloquist looking for a place to try new material? What better place than the community stage at the Park Central Branch Library? There's already a performance schedule in place and it's free! Drop by the branch, or call (417) 831-1342 for more information.
About the Park Central Branch
The Park Central Branch Library, an arts- and media-themed non-traditional facility, features a small collection of popular fiction and nonfiction books on face-out shelving, a wide selection of local and national newspapers and magazines and DVDs, CDs and audiobooks. More than a dozen computer stations provide downtown patrons with high-speed access to the Internet and the Library's catalog and research databases. The facility includes a self-checkout machine, a disc vending machine, gallery walls, a laptop bar and other seating. Beverages, pastries and snacks are available next door at The Coffee Ethic.
Visit the Library on First Friday
Make the Park Central Branch Library part of your First Friday Art Walk festivities. The library will display works by area artists along with other galleries and businesses downtown. Take a stroll to the southwest corner of the Square -- where arts, entertainment and information meet.