HISTORICAL POSTCARDS OF SPRINGFIELD, MISSOURI
Doling Park (view 2 of 7), Entrance
The entrance to Doling Park postcard is postmarked August 11, 1911, and indicates that it was made in Germany. The streetcar called The Doling Park Car serviced the park and circled at the park's entrance. The ticket window was just inside the gate and admission was 10 cents at the time the photograph was taken.
Streetcar service was every 15 minutes from Commercial Street and Boonville Avenue. The last streetcar ran right after the evening show, so everyone had to rush directly to the streetcars or risk having to walk home.