This research guide has been created to aid those in search of answers to the ongoing debate over climate change and the threat of global warming.There exist varying opinions on the subject of climate change, but they inescapably fall into two categories, either global warming poses a serious threat to the inhabitants of the earth, or it does not. This research guide should help ease your navigation through masses of information on the subject matter; it will allow you to search credible resources, and argue your position from a knowledgeable standpoint.
- An inconvenient sequel : truth to power : your action handbook to learn the science, find your voice, and help solve the climate crisis / Al Gore
- Climate of hope : how cities, businesses, and citizens can save the planet / Michael R. Bloomberg, Carl Pope
- Drawdown : the most comprehensive plan ever proposed to reverse global warming / edited by Paul Hawken
- How to give up plastic : a guide to changing the world, one plastic bottle at a time / Will McCallum
- A bright future : how some countries have solved climate change and the rest can follow / Joshua S. Goldstein and Staffan A. Qvist
- On fire : the (burning) case for a green new deal / Naomi Klein
- Climate justice : hope, resilience, and the fight for a sustainable future / Mary Robinson with Caitriona Palmer
- Treading on thin air : atmospheric physics, forensic meteorology, and climate change : how weather shapes our everyday lives / Elizabeth Austin, Ph. D
- Global Change Acronyms and Abbreviations
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Climate Change Adaptation Resource Center
- National Resources Defense Council References/Links on Environment
- Climate Debate Daily - A new way to understand disputes about global warming - A fantastic, highly lauded resource that gathers news, essays, and research supporting and challenging the views that global warming is caused by human activity, that global warming is a threat to humanity, and that earth's climate can be controlled by people.
- United States Interactive Climate Pages - This web site provides easy access to climatologies for cities throughout the US and its possessions." It can be searched by state and city for weather types such as precipitation or snowfall. Time periods can be specified and information is available in detailed or text format for slower downloads.
- World Climate - Offering information on "What the weather is normally like for tens of thousands of places worldwide!" Offers historical weather averages, typically including monthly and annual average rainfall and/or precipitation data.
- Global Change Master Directory - "A comprehensive source of information about Earth science, environmental, biosphere, climate, and global change data holdings available to the scientific community throughout the world."
- Science in Society - "A quarterly on-line magazine edited by Dr. Maewan Ho with articles furthering the GM debate, biodiversity, cloning, vaccination controversy, NHS, Complementary medicines, indigenous knowledge systems, climate change, independent scientist and book reviews."
- Pew Center on Global Climate Change - A source of publications and reports about climate change from an international, U.S federal, state, regional, and business perspective.
- Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center - "The Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (Robert M. Cushman, Director), which includes the World Data Center for Atmospheric Trace Gases, is the primary global-change data and information analysis center of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
- RealClimate A blog by climate scientists
- Climate Compass The blog of the Pew Center on global climate change
- Ask NASA Climate
- May be subdivided using DEVELOPING COUNTRIES; EFFECT OF HUMAN BEINGS ON; ENVIRONMENTAL ASPECTS; FORECASTING; GOVERNMENT POLICY; HISTORY; INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION; MATHEMATICAL MODELS; RESEARCH, etc.
- May be subdivided geographically, e.g., CLIMATIC CHANGES--ANTARCTICA
- See also as subdivision CLIMATIC FACTORS, e.g., BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY--CLIMATIC FACTORS
- See also as subdivision EFFECT OF GLOBAL WARMING ON, e.g., PLANTS--EFFECT OF GLOBAL WARMING ON
CARBON CYCLE (BIOGEOCHEMISTRY)
GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGES
GLOBAL TEMPERATURE CHANGES
GREENHOUSE EFFECT, ATMOSPHERIC
CARBON DIOXIDE MITIGATION
CARBON DIOXIDE SINKS
CROPS AND CLIMATE
GREENHOUSE GAS MITIGATION
NATURE--EFFECT OF HUMAN BEINGS ON
OZONE LAYER DEPLETION
PLANTS, EFFECT OF GLOBAL WARMING ON
VEGETATION AND CLIMATE
Find this article at