- Requests should be relevant to southwest Missouri and the Ozarks.
- Staff limitations prevent ongoing or in-depth genealogical research for individuals, but staff is glad to respond to specific genealogy inquiries. Any request should state the full name, approximate date and general location for the event of interest, such as marriage, death or census look-up.
- Requests should be limited to no more than five look-ups per inquiry. Staff will consult available local and regional indexes. Simple requests are responded to as soon as possible. More complex requests are answered as time permits.
- See contact information (in the left sidebar) for postal or email requests.
- Include a postal mailing address and an email address, if applicable, with all requests.
- For more in-depth research, a listing of professional researchers is available upon request.
Library staff will send paper or digital copies of documents to you for a small fee. There is a $1 minimum for all requests.
- 50¢ per page sent to persons residing outside of Greene County.
- 25¢ per page sent to persons residing within Greene County.
An invoice will be included with the response. Most inquiries incur a charge of less than $5.
Credit cards and personal checks are accepted. To pay via credit card, please contact the local history department.
You are welcome to visit the Local History and Genealogy Department to make your own copies:
- Photocopiers: 10¢ per copy
- Microform printers: 15¢ per copy
Receive the latest updates to this site via email or RSS feed. Signup is quick and easy, just click the applicable link below.Email list RSS feed