Mark Twain Award Book Discussions Planned at the Library Center
June 17, 2011 —
Students who are reading Mark Twain Award nominee books will enjoy a series of book discussions at 10 a.m. on Mondays through Aug. 8 in the Story Hour Room of the Library Center, 4653 S. Campbell Ave.
Branson Elementary West School teacher Stefanie McKoy will lead the book discussions. Participants can bring a copy of the selected book if they have one, and they don’t have to read the book before coming to the discussion.
“We can talk about our favorite parts, the surprises and the thrills of each story – without spoiling any endings – to get you excited about reading,” McKoy said.
The schedule includes:
- June 20: “Million-Dollar Throw,” by Mike Lupica
- June 27: “Runaway Twin,” by Peg Kehret
- July 11: “Mudville,” by Kurtis Scaletta
- July 25: “11 Birthdays,” by Wendy Mass
- August 1: “Storm Chaser,” by Chris Platt
- August 8: “The Potato Chip Puzzle,” by Eric Berlin
Registration is not required. For more information call 616-0526.