It’s Full Steam Ahead at the Sept. 30 Garden Railway Expo!
August 29, 2017 — Join our friends with the Ozark Garden Railway Society (OGRS) from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 30, at the Library Station for an all-day expo featuring indoor and outdoor activities and information sessions for model railway and train enthusiasts of all ages.
Enjoy these come and go activities throughout the day:
- 9 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Frisco Room. Kit Bashing Come and Go. Bring your unwanted train kit pieces and trade with or give them to other train enthusiasts.
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on the south parking lot. OGRS Train Trailer and Train Activities for Kids: The engineered train trailer folds down on all sides so you can view the highly-detailed train layout inside complete with two trains and multiple dioramas.
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. for ages 2-6 in the Children's Department: Thomas the Tank Engine Day. OGRS members maintain our model train and are bringing us Thomas the Tank Engine and friends for this special event. Watch them chug down the train track, and celebrate trains with stories, crafts, games and other special activities!
Learn about garden railway creation during informational sessions in the Santa Fe Room:
- 9-9:30 a.m. What is a Garden Railway? OGRS members will cover the basics of starting your own miniature railway.
- 11:15-11:45 a.m. Train Kits, Scratch Building and Kit Bashing Explained. This class will include where to find G-Gauge starter kits, when to build from scratch versus kit, adding signage and décor, and kit bashing basics.
- 12:30-1 p.m. Best Materials for Best Effects. Learn about the best paints, stones, glue and other materials to use in building your garden railway.
- 1:15-1:45 p.m. Toot! Toot! Get information on adding sound effects to your layout.